USCIS Approves I-485 Application for Client of K-1 Fiance Visa

Our client, a citizen of the United Kingdom, was engaged to a U.S. citizen and contacted our Philadelphia Immigration Firm regarding coming to the United States so that he could marry and live with his fianceé.  Current immigration law allows for a U.S. citizen to petition for their fiancé spouse to obtain a K-1 visa to enter the country.  Upon entering the United States, the couple must marry within 90 days of the immigrant’s entry to the United States  and the immigrant must thereafter apply for a green card.  We filed form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé on behalf of our client which was approved.  In conjunction with normal processing procedures, the case was then transferred to the U.S. Embassy in London, where our UK client submitted the appropriate documents at his visa interview with an consular officer.  Upon approval of the I-129F Petition, our client was issued a K-1 visa, entered the United States, and married his fiancé within 90 days.  We then filed for our client’s application for permanent residence, which was approved 4 months later.  The couple now looks forward to a happy life living together on the West Coast.

Leave us a reply