Approval of K-1 Fiancee Nonimmigrant Visa

Getson & Schatz, P.C. provided immigration representation for a United States citizen who was petitioning for his fiancée to obtain a K-1 nonimmigrant visa. A K-1 visa allows the fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen to come to the U.S. in order to marry within 90 days of arriving in the U.S. and thereafter filing for a green card. If the couple does not marry within 90 days, the non-citizen is required to leave. Our firm prepared and filed Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). After the I-129F Petition was approved the file was transferred to the U.S. Embassy in the fiancee’s home country which sent an instructional packet to schedule the nonimmigrant visa interview. Upon receipt of the instructional packet we prepared Form DS-156 Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-156K, and Form DS-230 Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration. These are Department of State forms as the Department of State is the agency charged with issuing visas to applicants that are not currently located in the U.S. We also gathered documentation establishing the relationship between the couple such as correspondence, an affidavit of the client, and pictures of the client and his fiancée. The K-1 visa was approved for our client’s fiancée. She came to the US, they married within 90 days and we filed for the green card. She was issued and EAD work permit and Advance Parole travel document and thereafter received her green card without an interview in the U.S.

Leave us a reply