K-1 Approval for Canadian Citizen

Our client is engaged to a citizen of Canada. She wanted her fiancé to come to the United States so that they could marry and live together in the United States as husband and wife. Under our current immigration laws, the fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen can apply for a K-1 visa. This visa allows the fiancé(e) to come to the United States so that the couple can get married. The marriage must take place within 90 days of the fiancé(e)’s arrival. Once the couple marries, the U.S. citizen spouse can petition for permanent residence. If the marriage does not take place within the required time period, the fiancé(e) must leave the country. We submitted Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) with USCIS and included an affidavit that set forth the facts of how she met her fiancé. Upon approval of the I-129F we submitted the required documents to the US Embassy in Montreal to complete the K-1 visa processing. The documents submitted to the Embassy included Form I-134 which demonstrates that the petitioner, our client, has the financial stability to support her future-husband so that he does not become a public charge to society. The US Embassy issued the K-1 visa and the fiancé entered the US to marry his now US Citizen spouse and file for a green card.

Leave us a reply