I-130 Petition for Alien Relative Filed by Father for Child Born out of Wedlock Approved

In order to obtain approval of an I-130 Petition for Alien Relative filed by a father on behalf of a child born out of wedlock, it is necessary to show that the father was actively engaged in the welfare, maintenance and support of the child prior to the child turning 21 years of age. A client came to us who had won the visa lottery but could not bring his child to the United States at the time he immigrated due to financial reasons. His 12 year old child had been born out of wedlock but he was very much involved in the child’s life. In support of the Petition we provided correspondence between the father and child, family photographs, Affidavits from the child’s mother and other relatives, and copies of Western Union Money Order receipts for funds sent by the father overseas to support the child. The I-130 Petition was approved by USCIS.

Leave us a reply