Approved I-130/1-485 for Immigrant who Married U.S. Citizen

Our Philadelphia firm represented a client from Nicaragua who entered the U.S. on a B-2 Visitor Visa.  She had overstayed her visa which only permitted her to remain in the U.S. for 6 months.  She eventually met her husband, a U.S. citizen, and they later married.  Immigration law allows for a U.S. citizen to petition for their spouse to legally live in the county by filing an I-130 Petition for Alien Relative.  If the spouse legally entered the U.S. with a visa but overstayed, the spouse may simultaneously apply for a green card from within the U.S. by filing Form I-485 with the I-130.  Getson & Schatz, P.C. prepared and filed Form I-130 along with Form I-485 Application for Permanent Residence and the other additional forms that are required.  Three months later, we attended an interview with our client at the USCIS Philadelphia Immigration Office, our client’s application was approved, and she is now has legal permanent resident status in the United States.

Leave us a reply